December 9, 2012

First Flight!

Sorry for the long delay in posts... I will get better... ya know, when Ballerina is about 8 years old or something. Hehe.

Over the Thanksgiving Holiday we were fortunate enough to get away and see family in New York! 
This would be Ballerina's very first flight and I was very nervous.

After reading several blogs with tips for flying with baby, I felt a bit reassured that we would be able to handle her. Even if it meant enduring 3 hours of crazy. It was just 3 hours.

Our flight was fabulous! Ballerina is a rock star!
First thing, in my opinion, that made our lives easier was using the Bjorn to carry Ballerina through the airport. 1- She loves the thing. 2- I had free hands to maneuver luggage and things. 3- I didn't have to take her out when we went through security!  Speaking of security... thank you to OKC Airport! They have a "Family Screening Room"! We were the only people in that place.

 Now, there was one small little hiccup to going through security. Someone booked my ticket under my maiden name. (I am still baffled about doing this to myself) Lucky for me, my Chickasaw Nation ID card is still under my maiden name and is government issued. Woooo!

 Poor baby girl, we had to wake her at 4am to get to the airport on time. I am crazy about sticking to our schedule with Ballerina, so I was worried that she would be all thrown off, but she was amazing.

 We let her play a little at the gate to get the wiggles out. I was still worrying like crazy that she was going to cry for the next 3 hours but she was taking in all the new scenery. 

 One of the big tips I read was to feed her on the way up and down. The sucking supposedly helps with their ears. Between the bottle, being awake for 3 hours and the planes white noise...

 She fell asleep just as we were taking off. And thank you to her Daddy for holding her the majority of the time. I was worn out from carrying her all morning.

 Too bad she wasn't very comfortable. Ha!
After her first nap on the flight, we fed her breakfast. Which was kind of nice because it kept all 3 of us busy. (In case you are wondering, you can take baby food on the plane. I took my homemade food in these amazing little squeezables for less mess.)

 LASHES!! And crazy hair.

We did it!! Ballerina was amazing and I made it through without having a nervous breakdown. 
Now if I can just get her to be this good at home too! 

-Whitney

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...