December 31, 2012

Mexican Chicken Bake

As many of you know, my brother is a chef. Well, let's just say that he is the only one of us that got my mothers fabulous cooking gene. I am too OCD to cook without a recipe and exact measurements.

With that being said, I try desperately to make us something new and fun each week. Since we moved to Oklahoma and Ballerina was born, I have slacked in this area. My New Years resolution is to get back to the kitchen! So in honor of my resolution... here is one of my staple recipes.

I saw it on Pinterest a year ago but just realized you can get a very similar one on the Bisquick website as well.

Mexican Chicken Bake
(only 290 calories a serving!)

Ingredients
1 cup cubed chicken (cooked) 
1 can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
1 can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, drained, liquid reserved
1 small can green chiles
1 cup frozen corn
1 tablespoon Bisquick Heart Smart
1 1/3 cups Bisquick Heart Smart
1/2 cup fat free milk
2 egg whites

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and...
Make sure you cook your chicken!
(I assume you could use canned chicken to save on time if needed)

Mix the 1 tablespoon Bisquick Heart Smart with reserve tomato liquid.

Then add your rinsed kidney beans, green chiles, corn, tomatoes and cooked chicken to mix.
Stir everything together well and then put in the microwave for 3 minutes.

 While the chicken mix is in the microwave, get to work on your topping!
With a wire wisk, mix together the 1 1/3 cups Bisquick Heart Smart, 2 egg whites and 1/2 cup fa free milk.

Now pour your chicken mix into a 9x13 inch pan. 

Then evenly spread your topping over the chicken mix.

 Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

 Not the prettiest dish but pretty tasty!

We eat it as is but you could always add a little cheese or sour cream.
I also think it would be quite tasty with a dash of chili powder. 

Enjoy!! Here's to one new recipe a week in 2013!! 
-Whitney

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...