December 13, 2012

Date Night!!

A HUGE thank you to Grammy, Uncle Corey & Aunt Kelly for taking care of Ballerina so Brian and I could get away for a day to NYC. We loved our time in the city and we were so thankful Ballerina got to spend some quality time with her family that lives so far away. 

 Once we got to the city, we headed out to do some shopping. Which resulted in me needing food ASAP. So, naturally we ended up at the Grand Central Oyster Bar having some champagne and...

People begging for $$$ have got to be honest... Let's face it.

After several hours of shopping, we decided to head to our hotel and NAP!! Yes, we took advantage of our childless day and slept for about 3 hours at a hotel. Not ashamed in the least. We lived in NYC for 12 years, I think sleep was needed way more than anything else. Then it was time to get ready for a night out! 

Since my daughter was born I have blow dried my hair once... until now!! It was a picture worthy moment. I was more excited about having time to blow out my hair and do my make-up than anything else that day. Seriously, its the little thing people.

We went to Oceana for dinner than night. I had Sweet & Sour Lobster with Forbidden Rice. IT. WAS. A-MAZE-ING!!

After dinner at all of 9pm or so... we decided that we could go have another drink because... NO ONE HAD TO WAKE UP! Oh what a crazy feeling! So... I made my husband take a tourist street pic with me on the way. (I had on make-up, I wanted it documented.)

We ended up at a steak house that Brian had been begging me to go to for years while we lived in the city. Maloney and Porcelli.  Now I didn't eat there but I will say the drinks and bartender were fabulous. I love a bartender that can just come up with a drink for me when I can't decide.

I had a fabulous time and was so happy to get a little sleep! 
Til next time NYC! We miss ya!!
-Whitney 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...