September 19, 2015

We survived!


Last week was an event (in Oklahoma) very dear to my heart. Soooo I packed up the kids and we headed back west for 10 days. 
This was the first time I've flown solo with the kids. Let me just say... They. Are. Awesome. Really! My kids are amazing little travelers. Me? Well... After 12 years of national tours and dance competition travel all nice and solo and stuff... I could use a lesson in how to deal with my NEW travel buddies. Like... Once they're sleeping on the plane (yes, they both fell asleep!) can I go to the bathroom? Seriously people... I didn't go to the bathroom for 8 hours!!!! More on that another day. 
The kids were awesome.
I refused to overpack so, Sammies rolling bag was also my dance bag for the week. (I'm so cool) 
Sammie spotted our plane and was glued. Dee? Well he had me running a few circles but I say get that energy out! 
The only thing I couldn't manage alone was carrying Dee on the plane in his seat plus carrying the bag of "tricks" to keep them happy. Soooo sweet Sammie had to drag the bag. It was not light. She was fab.
Sammie (who's generally my harder kid) was a saint! She played and watched movies and napped for a hot second. But soooo good.
The other kid...
Well he screamed for the first 15 min of each flight. Then passed out cold and was finished until we landed. I think he was protesting his car seat and not the flight but who knows. 
 Everyone would have been fabulous had I not left my purse on the plane. (Insert angry emoji) 45 minutes later I finally had it back. No thanks to the lovely TSA agent that yelled at me. (More angry emoji) 

Anywho... We survived what I'm sure will not be the last trip to Oklahoma without the hubs. 

-whitney 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...