July 20, 2015

Are We Almost There?

When I was a kid, we drove all over the earth on vacation. My parents had this awful cassette that played car trip songs with the title track being "Are we almost there?". From the moment this moving madness began I have wanted to ask when it would all be over! And now, Finally, we have "arrived".

Not sure how many people pack up their 2 toddlers and start an entirely new life somewhere in a 4 week span in a place they have never been! We have lost our minds!! Or have we? So far (in my rough 72 hours here) I am in love! I mean, of course, I am sad to leave OKLA. My family and my studio are a HUGE part of my world. But hey, that's why planes were invented. The hardest thing for me so far has been my 3 year old constantly asking for her friend Anna! Oh the heartbreak. It will pass and we WILL be visiting. 

Any who... Back to this place. My hubby had it basically set up for us when we arrived. (I hit the hubby jackpot) My mother (Tutu) and drove across the country with me and the crazies. (That's one KIND KIND woman) and my father drove another car out with my stuff that wouldn't fit in my car!! (Again, I'm a lucky girl). It takes a village to move your family across the country!!! 

My kids were not awful for 18 hours in the car. Crazy but not awful. They loved staying in hotels. Ha!! And were really pumped about the gross breakfast included in your stays...

We had one long stop at a Cracker Barrel (what? Who am I?) and Ballerina talked us into buying (and wearing) costumes! 

Once we arrived in NC, the kids were fab!! We've had a good few days playing with Tutu & Paps. We are all VERY happy to see Daddy again and now it's time to get our new home organized!! 


Here's to new beginnings!!! 
-whitney 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...