October 14, 2012

Food Glorious Food

As of Ballerina's 4 month well check, we got the green light to start solid foods! 
I could have stuck with bottles alone for another 2 months but the girl is HUNGRY!

So... first, like almost everyone I think, we began with rice cereal. 
The first time we tried it she was not super excited about eating. More entertained by the TV. 
 She continued to be enthused by rice cereal. And yes, several people have told me to add a little banana or apple sauce or something to it. I figured I would give it at least 2 weeks before I started adding sugar to it. Ha!
Lucky for me, who wants a fairly sugar free kid, she took to eating her cereal after about 4 days.
And to getting that goofy happy grin while eating.
 After a week or so on boring old cereal, we added sweet potatoes to our diet.
 And yes, we love some sweet potatoes!! But really, who doesn't?!
 Now, I have decided to make my own baby food. Sweet potatoes for super easy and what a fabulous time of year to get great sweet potatoes! I was very happy that she took to them so well. 
Next up, we tried squash! There are several to types choose from so I picked my favorite. Butternut.
 She really liked those too! In fact, I think she likes butternut squash better than sweet potatoes!
 So now is a real vegetable test, we have moved on to green beans. Her father hates all things green. Well, he likes avocado. So, he thought it was mean to force a child to eat green beans. She needs to eat her veggies. And she needs to eat things in all colors. Plus, I am a big big fan of all things green. 
I was so excited to prove that she will love food that is good for her... and then...
 I seriously think her dad has explained to her that greens are bad or something.
 How can you hate green beans? They are awesome! I LOVE THEM!! 
I mean, we have only tried them once. Maybe things will get better. She was a tad tired. 
She has to eat them, right? I mean, I cannot just skip green beans because she doesn't like them.
I don't like taxes but I still have to pay them. She's gotta learn sometime. 4 months is a great time for that lesson. hahahahaha.
Because I do a lot of reading (let's face it I need books, I am not really born with the mother-gene) and my books say that if she hates something to wait a few days and try again... Ballerina is off the hook until Monday for her green beans. Fingers crossed...
-Whitney

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...