October 16, 2012

The "Gods"

For the most part, everyone I know has a God-mother & God-father. Me? I have a God-family.
It started when I was very young, my mother was a good friends God-mother and her mother was mine. Then our younger brothers came along and I am not really sure who their actual God-parents are but its one of our mothers and fathers.
My friend and I must have been a bit slow with the entire God-mother thing because we started calling each other God-sisters. And our brothers are God-brothers. So... there you have it... a God-family.
We spent every Easter I can remember together, family vacations, birthdays, weddings and more. So naturally when it came time to pick a God-mother for Ballerina, I picked... my God-sister! 

Ballerina was christened on September 23 at St. Johns Episcopal Church in Norman. It was lovely. 
Enjoy the picture recap of our day!

Uncle Corey and Samantha.

Such a smiley girl!
The God-Fathers.
The dress in the car seat was interesting.

Getting dipped.



Somebody fell asleep in church... uh oh.


The God-Fathers and God-Mother with the Browns.

Samantha with her God-parents. Cody, Corey and Erin.

Grandparents.

I think someone was happy to be out of her big dress.

Uncle Corey!

Such a daddys girl.


 
A wonderful day, shared with fabulous people.
Thank you to my mother and Lulu for the wonderful brunch!!

-Whitney

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...