September 26, 2015

Hideaway Woods

I know I am constantly saying how awesome North Carolina is but... IT IS! 
We became members of the Life & Science museum in Durham last month and it has already paid for itself. The kids love it and there is so much to do! 
Gateway Playground area is great for my active babes.
Dee loves this slide because his Sissy can go with him.
I couldn't keep up with the kids in butterfly area. They were amazed. 
Just like our many other adventures here, the kids love it because they can explore without me freaking out that they will break something. We've been to the museum several times already but last week was our first time to go look at the butterflies and insects.

We rode the train around this trip. It was a favorite. 
Now, they have a farm at Life and Science and the kids really love it as well. I cannot breathe when we are in that section so I keep attempting to skip it... last week they spent 20 minutes exploring a TRAILER! A trailer people!! I may be from Oklahoma but I think my kids are city kids! Ha!!
20 minutes in a trailer... who knew it would be so fun!
Now TODAY being a member of the museum really paid off. We got to experience their new attraction, Hideaway Woods, before it opens to everyone. It is AMAZING! I mean... so flipping cool. Never mind that it was pouring down rain because we played for 2 hours anyway.  My pictures do NOT do this place justice. I was having a hard time keeping up. Sammie was all over the place and she is only 3! I was a bit concerned about her getting to the top and freaking out. Yeah right! That kid was faster on the ropes that most big kids and took the big fast slide down a million times. 
This is where Mommy stopped. Couldn't carry Dee across this one and he was scared. 
I am in another tree house taking the pic to give you a height idea...

Super Sammie lapped that poor 6 year old sitting on the ropes more than once! 

Dee play also... just a little lower!
There is a creek the kids can play in (which reminds me... wet clothes in car!!) that we basically bathed in, a toddler area with small tree houses close to the ground and some stick houses. Once we started getting really wet I had to put away the camera so I missed those pics but so awesome. 
I cannot wait for friends to come visit so we can play!
-Whitney

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...